Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 5, 2012

More Produce & Update on Zig Zag Rug!

I do hope the family & some of our friends like eating healthy Lol.. We will have to share some of our produce around, I have frozen as much as our freezer will hold but we still have far too much for just the two of us and we haven't harvested the pumpkins yet.

Apple cucumbers and some corn. The rest I have frozen.

Lots of yummy tiny tomatoes... I may have to blanch some of these and freeze them also. Last year I stewed the larger toms with onion and it was great for stews and casseroles.

And an update on the zig zag..

It is growing slowly but I only work on this if I am watching something on TV. I think I am happy with the colours but I will only really know when it is finished.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummo Tina, your harvest has truely been a blessing ...
The zig zag blanket is looking great, the colours are lovely :))..

Christina Broad said...

Glad you like the blanket Pat.. :))

Grateful4Crochet said...

that zigzag looks amazing!!!!!!

DaCraftyLady said...

I like the colors... :)

Christina Broad said...

Thank you ladies.. You are very kind with your comments.. :))

xo.sorcha.ox said...

Love corn. I think it is fast becoming my favourite vegetable. I even use it as a topping on pizza. This summer we grew corn for the first - the flavour was AMAZING! So much better than shop-bought (although I have been told that once picked, corn starts to lose its flavour. I haven't confirmed this, though).
~S.

Christina Broad said...

We tend to freeze ours as soon as possible after picking. Keeps well in the freezer and you have it all year round.Doesn't effect the flavour at all and the grandkids love getting nanny & pa's sweetcorn in the middle of winter... :))